The new Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO honors Epiphone's most influential "thin-line" semi-hollowbody electric archtop now with a Wine Red finish plus critically acclaimed ProBucker™ pickups with coil-tapping and a Graphtech® NuBone XL™ nut.
An Epiphone Icon
Hailed by blues legend John Lee Hooker as "an out-did 335," the Sheraton has been renown for decades for its combination of superior tone and beautiful pearloid and abalone inlay. Originally released in 1959, the inspiration for the "thin-line" or ES series has its roots in Les Paul's first solidbody guitar, "The Log," that Les built in Epiphone's factory in Manhattan in 1940. "The Log" was made from Epiphone parts with a 4" x 4" piece of pinewood down the middle. The ES-series is also semi-hollow with a solid center, which makes it more resistant to feedback than a typical archtop guitar.
Inside the Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO: "The Outdid 335"
John Lee Hooker described the original Sheraton as an "outdid-335" for its striking fingerboard inlay, classic shape, and elegant ivory and black binding on the top, back, neck, headstock and f-holes. The new Sheraton-II PRO has the same profile and is made from Laminated Maple and topped with a bound "Tortoise" style pickguard with a signature metal "E" (for Epiphone!) and the same classic binding. The Sheraton-II PRO is available in Ebony, Natural, Vintage Sunburst, and a stunning new Wine Red finish.
Epiphone Sheraton™-II PROThe Sheraton-II PRO has a hand-set 5-piece laminated hard Maple/Walnut 24.75" scale neck with a beautiful Rosewood fingerboard with block and triangle pearloid and abalone inlays, 22 medium jumbo frets, and a large vintage style "tree of life" motif "Clipped Ear" headstock. The Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO also now comes with the new Graphtech® NuBone XL™ nut that is as hard as bone but will last a lifetime without chipping or cracking. Graphtech molds and engineers each NuBone XL™ nut for consistent tone and string balance as well as precise string spacing.
The Epiphone Sheraton™ II-PRO now features new critically acclaimed ProBucker™ humbuckers. The first humbuckers were made at the Epiphone/Gibson factory in Kalamazoo, Michigan in the late 50s and have acquired a mythical status among guitar players. Epiphone ProBucker pickups have that elusive tone because they are made with the same alloy as the originals--18% Nickel Silver unit bases and covers--along with Sand cast Alnico II magnets and high quality 4-conductor lead wire. Each ProBucker pickup is also vacuum wax potted to eliminate microphonics.
The Epiphone Sheraton-II PRO has a ProBucker-2™ in the neck position and a slightly hotter ProBucker-3™ in the lead position. Both pickups also have coil-tapping via their individual volume controls. Coil-tapping allows a player to turn a humbucker pickup into a single coil pickup for endless tone combinations. Each ProBucker pickup's volume and tone control use 1" 500K Ohm potentiometers along with a 3-way pickup selector with an ivory-colored toggle cap.
Epiphone Gold Hardware
The Epiphone Sheraton™ II-PRO has rock solid nickel hardware in elegant gold with an unbeatable LockTone™ Tune-o-matic bridge and StopBar tailpiece combo. Tuning is easy and reliable with gold Grover® Rotomatic machine heads with a pro-level 18:1 tuning ratio. The Sheraton-II PRO is strung at the factory with D’Addario® 10-46 gauge strings.
- Body Material: Laminated Maple
- Top Material: Laminated Maple
- Neck Material: 5-pc Hard Maple / Walnut Laminated
- Neck Shape: 1960s SlimTaper™, C-Profile
- Neck Joint: Glued-In, Set-Neck
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood with "Block & Triangle" Inlays, Mother of Pearl and Abalone
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 22, Medium-Jumbo
- Binding: Top: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), Back: 1-Ply (Ivory/Black), Neck: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), Headstock: 5-Ply (Ivory/Black), "F" Holes: 1-Ply (Ivory/Black)
- Headstock: Vintage "Large Clipped Ear" with Mother of Pearl "Vine" Inlay
- Nut: Graphtech® NuBone XL™
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Hardware: Gold
- Machine Heads: Grover™ Rotomatic™, 18:1 Ratio
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker-2™
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker-3™
- Controls: Bridge Volume with Coil-Tapping, Neck Volume with Coil-Tapping, Bridge Tone, Neck Tone, 3-Way Pickup Selector (toggle), Ivory Toggle Cap
- Bridge: Epiphone LockTone™ Tune-o-matic
- Tailpiece: Epiphone LockTone™ Stop Bar
- Pickguard: Bound "Tortoise" Pickguard with Metal "E"
- Truss Rod Cover: 2-Ply (Black/White), Vintage "E" in White
- Knobs: Top Hats with Metal Inserts (Volume/Tone)
- Strings: D'Addario® 10-46 Guage
- Typical Weight: 8.7 lbs
Shipping: Shipping is calculated during checkout.
Large Items & Remote Areas
We offer free shipping on most items and to most areas. However, some large items and remote areas will attract a shipping charge which may not be added in the checkout. In the event of this we will contact you to discuss.
Please feel free to Contact Us if you would like to confirm shipping rates.
Click and Collect Orders: Please enter a shipping address during the checkout process. On the following page you will have an option to select 'Click & Collect' as your shipping method. One of our friendly staff will be in contact with you once your order is ready for collection.