This guitar is in fantastic almost-mint condition, with just some minor cosmetic wear and tear to show it as being second hand. There is one small impression in the binding on the bottom side edge of the guitar, where the thigh would sit when being played sitting down. There are also some super delicate impressions on the back of the guitar body, near the neck strap pin. It appears the strap that had been used must have had a metal buckle or something of the sort, which has pressed against the guitar when played. The impressions are so tiny that you can only see them under certain light angles, and none have broken through the finish. There are also a handful of tiny pick marks on the pickguard, which can only be seen under direct light. Besides this, the guitar is in as-new condition, playing and functioning perfectly, with zero wear to the frets or neck. Comes with the original case and documentation as pictured.
To celebrate 75 years of continuous guitar production in Melbourne, Australia we decided to produce a guitar that showcased the best design and construction we could bring to a guitar, as well as to celebrate the tonewoods we love and cherish.
We’ve produced a number of excellent celebratory guitars recently, particularly the 70th anniversary models and the Vera May centenary model, so we wanted this one to really stand out (by the way Vera just celebrated her 101st birthday and is still going strong…).
We are also entering into a new and exciting era in Maton’s history as another group of Maton luthiers enter their second decade of guitar making. These talented young craftspeople are adding to the work of our older, more experienced hands to consistently create instruments that are the best Maton has ever produced, and the world is taking note!
In recent years we have explored new shapes, materials and specifications through research and development in conjunction with the Maton Custom Shop and the passion and drive of Custom Shop luthier, Andy Allen. Many of our recent production models have benefitted from that work. We wanted this 75th Anniversary model to showcase all of this work.
- Model: 75th Anniversary Diamond Edition
- Body Shape: Traditional
- Face: "AAA" Grade Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: "AA" Grade Figured Blackwood
- Neck: Figured Queensland Maple
- Fingerboard & Bridge: "A" Ebony
- Bracing: Scalloped Maton X
- Face Inlay/Rosette: Herringbone w/ Inner and Outer Rings
- Inner Binding: Herringbone
- Outer Binding: Rock Maple
- Scale Length: 64.77cm (25.5")
- Headstock Veneer: Ebony w/ Keyhole and Diamond Pearl Decal
- Fretwire: Jescar FW43080-217
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8mm (12")
- Nut Width: 44.1mm (1.736" - 1 47/64")
- 14th Fret: Width 55mm (2.165" - 2 11/64")
- Fingerboard Inlays: 6mm Pearl Dots
- Back & Sides Finish: Gloss w/ Nashville Sunburst
- Top Finish: Gloss w/ Nashville Sunburst
- Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
- Machine Heads: Open Back Grover Chrome
- Pickguard: Black with Gold M
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Hiscox
- Pickup: AP5 PRO
- Soundhole Diameter: 95mm
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze 12-53
Please read through the condition of the product thoroughly.
For more information, visit our warranties page
Shipping: Shipping is calculated during checkout.
Large Items & Remote Areas
We offer free shipping on most items and to most areas. However, some large items and remote areas will attract a shipping charge which may not be added in the checkout. In the event of this we will contact you to discuss.
Please feel free to Contact Us if you would like to confirm shipping rates.
Click and Collect Orders: Please enter a shipping address during the checkout process. On the following page you will have an option to select 'Click & Collect' as your shipping method. One of our friendly staff will be in contact with you once your order is ready for collection.